“Makes complex issues understandable.”
“[Harry] makes a challenging subject understandable in clear, jargon-free language. Down-to-earth, clearly written, and sometimes humorous. Really a terrific book!!”
posted by “Fore!” on Amazon
Download Sample Chapters
In this easy-to-read guide, Harry distills more than 35 years of practical experience with trusts.
Whether you’re creating a plan, managing a trust, or are a beneficiary of a trust, ‘The Baby Boomers Guide to Trusts: Your All-Purpose Estate Planning Tool’ is your roadmap. It:
- Introduces the concept of trusts and the role of trustee
- Lists and describes the myriad uses of trusts
- Explains the role of the trustee, including fiduciary duty
- Clarifies the rights of beneficiaries
- And answers the most asked question about trusts –how much should a trustee be paid?
The Baby Boomers Guide to Trusts explains how estate planners use trusts to tailor estate plans to the needs of their clients and how the resulting trusts should be managed to meet the goals for which they were created.
This book takes you through the estate planning process step by step.
Whether you’re currently creating a plan, getting ready to start, or looking for an explanation of documents you’ve already signed, ‘Get Your Ducks in a Row: The Baby Boomers’ Guide to Estate Planning’ will provide the information you need, including:
- Answers to the most common estate planning questions
- Common estate planning terms, demystified
- The Five (or Six or Seven) Essential Documents everyone over 55 needs (and how to fill them out)
- Description of the new SECURE Act and how it may change your planning.
- An overview of more complex estate planning scenarios
- Help deciding when it’s time to consult an attorney
- And more…
Featuring practical advice and easy-to-follow examples gleaned from the author’s 30-plus years of experience in elder law and estate planning, Get Your Ducks in a Row: The Baby Boomers’ Guide to Estate Planning will help you take control, make a plan, and ensure your family—and yourself—a secure and comfortable future.
Part 1: The Five (or Six or Seven) Essential Documents
Chapter 1: Durable Power of Attorney
Chapter 2: Health Care Directives
Chapter 3: HIPAA Release
Chapter 4: Wills
Chapter 5 Revocable Trust
Chapter 6: “Bonus” Essentials
Part 2: Special Situations in Estate Planning
Chapter 7: Estate and Gift Taxes
Chapter 8: Long-Term Care
Chapter 9: Special Needs
Chapter 10: Second Marriages or Relationships and Non-Traditional Families
Chapter 11: Retirement Plans
Chapter 12: Asset Protection
Chapter 13: Vacation Homes
Chapter 14: Non-U.S. Citizens
Chapter 15: Property in Other Countries
Chapter 16: Pets
Chapter 17: Charitable Giving
Chapter 18: Intergenerational Living
Chapter 19: Financial Planning
Chapter 20: Life Insurance
Chapter 21: Steps for the Next Generation
Part 3: Creating a Plan
Chapter 22: Do You Need an Attorney?
Chapter 23: Finding the Right Attorney
Chapter 24: Online DIY Options
Chapter 25: Worksheets and Forms
Chapter 26: What to Do with Your Documents
Chapter 27: Reviewing and Updating Your Plan