Must Trust with Just $130 of Income File Tax Return?

 In Irrevocable Trusts

Photo by Tachina Lee on Unsplash


We have an irrevocable family trust agreement on my Dad’s behalf. We only received a 1099-R for $130. The dividend check was written out to the trust and was deposited into a trust checking account. No distributions were made to beneficiaries. Do we have to pay taxes on this or even file a return?


No, you do not need to file a return because the filing threshold is $600 of trust income a year.


Related Articles:

Creating a Basic Form 1041 for Estates and Trusts

Does Spouse Who Acts as Trustee Have to Report Her Trustee Fee?

Will Distributions from Our Parents’ Trust be Taxed?

Should Estate Reimburse Beneficiaries for Income Taxes Incurred?

How Are Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts Taxed?

Leave a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search